Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences
Contact us for Admission – 7377290286 / 7377290286
Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences
KathmanduUniversity School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS) is the result of the collaborative programme of Kathmandu University and Dhulikhel Hospital. Dhulikhel Hospital Kathmandu University hospital is one of the oldest institutions of Nepal which was conceived and supported by the Dhulikhel community. This is a non-government institution that works for not having any profit. The hospital was established by the late king HM Birender Bir Bikram Shah Dev in 1996, as a collaborative project of the municipality of Dhulikhel, Nepali Med International, and Dhulikhel Health Service Association. The hospital has trained staffs; provide cost-effective, compassionate, and quality healthcare services. The hospital follows the fact that quality health services need not always be an expensive commodity and limited only to those who are rich enough to afford. KathmanduUniversity School of Medical Sciences is a great place for studying MBBS in Nepal. With world class educational facilities and sophisticated teaching methodologies, the institution is a fantastic place for pursuing a career in medicine. Students find the faculties cooperative, confident, experienced in their domain, and moreover down to earth. Students from Indian and other nations of the world seek admission to the MBBS Programme every year.
Advantages of Studying in the University
- There are many advantages of doing MBBS in Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences. MBBS in university resembles the same Indian Pattern in every way that makes studies easier for students from Indian territories.
- There are many Indian teachers, staffs in the university, and as a neighbouring country of India there are many Indians students are too who are studying in the university.
- The ratio of passing the students is too much high as compared to other universities in Nepal.
- Another benefit of doing MBBS in Dhulikhel Hospital Kathmandu University is the affordable tuition fees for medicines programs and it also provides scholarship to students.
- The cost of living of students in the university is very less which can be afforded even by the Indian middle-class people.
- There is no need for extreme documentation verification to get admission in Nepal. The food, culture, and many things are similar to Indian culture in university. So for the Indian students, it is very easy to adjust in the university environment.
Accreditation of University
KathmanduUniversity School of Medical Sciences is non-government, not for Profit University.It is officially accredited / or recognized by the Ministry of Education, Nepal and Kathmandu University. It is also recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and World Health Organisation (WHO).
Duration of MBBS in Medical University
There are a limited number of seats for the MBBS program at it is also recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and World Health Organisations (WHO). The university offers five and a half years of course in which the first two years students will learn about the pre-clinical hospitality, and two and a half years they will get clinical education and one year of compulsory rotating residential internship. The selection is based on the merit list.
Eligibility to Study MBBS
- Minimum age 17 years.
- He/she should have the minimum NEET score defined for MBBS abroad
- Maximum age limit forMBBS in Nepal for Indian studentsis as per NEET age limit.
- He/she should be medical fit for the MBBS studies
- Theapplicantshould have scored the minimum 50 % marks in his/her 10+2 examinations from a government recognized board/university with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English subjects.
MBBS Intake in the University
- The university offers many medical programs with collaboration of Dhulikhel Hospital to many students of Nepal and foreign students.
- The university offers 5 and a half years of MBBS course which resembles similar to Indian institutions. University has well-established and working to provide the best quality education to its students.
- The staffs of the university are well educated and graduated from a popular university.
- For the admission, the university conducts the entrance test as per curriculum for MBBS entrance examination published by the Ministry of Education.
- The university admission is so simple and it is based totally on the merit list. The university conducts the entrance test for foreign and Nepalese students.
- After that, there is counselling test.
- An applicant who successfully passes the entrance examination can easily seek admission to the MBBS Study course.
Ranking of the University
If we talk about the ranking of Nepal Kathmandu university school of medical sciences, which is non-government, not for profit and providing quality education of medical sciences to national and international students at very affordable fees, it makes his great name worldwide and it counts as one of the top institutions in Nepal. The worldwide ranking of the university is3243 and if we talk about its country ranking then it achieved the 3rd ranking in Nepal.
Documents for MBBS Course Admission
- Academic documents of 10thand 12thclass
- Government approved Birth Certificate
- Documents of your medical fitness test
- Four clear passport size photographs
- Nationality certificate/Aadhaar Card.
- Copy of valid Passport
- NEET scorecard
Medium of Teaching
As the university offers medical programs to national and international students so, the medium of teaching is English. Students can communicate with teachers easily in English and if you learn Nepali then it is well and good during internship programme.
Deadlines for MBBS Admission
For the foreign students who are interested in seeking admission in MBBS programs in KUSMS can apply online on university websites by the 2nd week of September. The application begins on the 3rd week of august. You can easily apply there for the MBBS Study admission.
The university offers hostel facilities with basic meals and amenities for both boys and girls with the best security system at very affordable fees. There are separate hostels for boys and girls. Students are allowed to choose their room partners and whom they want to share their room with. Every room has a separate washroom, and the room is with one Almirah, table chair for studying, with a bed.
MBBS Admission Process
These are the following steps to be followed for securing a MBBS seat:
- The applicant should visit the college website and fill the application form.
- The mark sheets for class X and XII and the other relevant documents should be scanned and uploaded with the application form.
- A confirmation will be sent by the college and the candidate should visit the university/college campus with his/her parents to testify and present the original documents.
- The candidate will fill the other necessary documents and sign the agreement of the rules and regulations.
- The candidate will have to undergo a medical examination conducted at the college/university campus. The successful candidates will be offered the final admission to the MBBS course.
- Once you complete all the required process, you are all set to fly for the destination to study medicine in Nepal.
Availability of Indian Food
There is the availability of Indian food in college canteens you are not going to miss your Indian cuisines in university. There are many Indian people live in Nepal and they have their own restaurant where you can enjoy Indian food. It doesn’t matter, if you are vegetarian or non-vegetarian you can go outside the campus and can eat your favourite food.
Indian Students in Medical University
The university offers MBBS programs to Indian students also. As a neighbouring country of India Nepal’s most of the culture is similar to Indian culture and Nepal is one of the best neighbours of India. So in the university there many staff who belong to India and many Indian students have passed and completed their degree from the university. Many Indian students are still working and studying in the KathmanduUniversity School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS).
About The City and Weather
The university is located in Dhulikhel Municipality, headquarter of the Kavre district. This is the 77th district of Nepal, having a population of about 1.6million people. The city is beautifully designed and situated 1650 above the sea level and 30km from the capital city northeast of Kathmandu. The city of Dhulikhel is famous for its pleasant climate and breathtaking scenic beauty. Dhulikhel University Hospital is providing its services to people in more than 50 out of 77 districts of the country. There are many tourist places where you can enjoy weekends like Phulchowki, Durbar Square, Boudha Stupa, and more. It is a fully mountainous region which gives you a beautiful scene and the near and peaceful environment can easily calm your mind. KathmanduUniversity School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS) offers top class educational facilities to the students so that they are able to become great doctors in the time to come. The accommodation facilities and the Indian food facilities are just too good. It has ideal student teacher ratio which is highly beneficial for getting the perfect education there at the university.
Why choose Education Adviser for MBBS in Nepal?
We at Education Adviser are one of the best record holder education consultants in India. We have a team of expert consultants who offer well-researched assistance and comprehensive counselling for you to make a bright career in the field of Medicine. Team Education Adviser works with the applicants like a family and supports them at every step. Years of experience, a skilled and dedicated team and access to a multitude of resources have enabled us to assist hundreds of Indian students to get admission in the top medical colleges in the various European countries.
Advantages of consulting Education Adviser
- A one-stop solution for all your international course consultation requirements
- 24×7 support services
- Transparent practices
- Experienced & skilled support staffs and counsellors
- Competitive consultation fee
- EMI available on Processing Fee
- History of successful MBBS admissions all over Europe
- Reliable & Reputed consultancy in the field of abroad studies
- Official partners for the renowned Universities in Abroad
- Tie up with the top universities of multiple European countries
- Friendly staff and affordable services
- Trusted and recommended by thousands who are already living their dream of getting a higher education abroad
- Highly trained and skilled team, dedicated to helping you reach your destination
- We strictly follow international standards and maintain a high quality of service
- We offer all the details regarding the MBBS admission in the various European and Asian Universities along with their Fee structure.