Manipal Medical College Nepal
Contact Us For Admission : 7377290286 / 7788008300
Manipal College of Medical Sciences is a joint establishment of the Government of Nepal and Manipal Group. The establishment treaty was signed in 1992 and since 1994 Manipal College of Medical Science has been offering MBBS program. It is located in Pokhara, Nepal. Manipal College of Medical Sciences (MCOMS) is affiliated to Kathmandu University. It is the first private institution in Nepal to offer an MBBS degree. Along with the medical college, Manipal Teaching Hospital has been offering quality treatment to the patients and provides good practical training to the medical students. MCOMS imparts world class education and has a modern infrastructure as to ensure that the students are able to get all the facilities. It has low fees structure which has made the MBBS course much affordable. Various facilities are provided by the university such as hostel facility, food facility, library services, and accommodation services and so on. There are many advantages the college provides to its international students. The internship program provided by the university is beneficial which helps to have hands-on practice and improve the practical experience among students. It also is to enhance the medical abilities of a MBBS study in Nepal student. Manipal Medical College of Medical Sciences (MCOMS) is one of the best places in Nepal for high quality medical studies. With the top quality education and renowned faculty members, the college is undoubtedly one of the best in the country offering the matchless medical education.
Manipal College of Medical Sciences has been a pioneer institution in the field of medical research and training. In a short journey of academic excellence, the institution has added many glories to its name. Some of the mentionable facts are:
- Establishment of the medical degree program in 1994. The program is affiliated to Kathmandu University, with 100 admissions annually.
- Modern and Specialized treatment offered at Manipal Teaching Hospital.
- It offers a Post-Graduate degree in Pathology (MD) and other basic sciences.
- No Capitation fees- a distinguished achievement for a medical institution.
- Students have found placements with good international health care institutions after successfully clearing exams like USMLE and PLAB.
About The MBBS Course
MBBS degree is an integrated course, which includes the study of all preclinical and selected clinical subjects. There is a mandatory one-year internship. A student undergoes intense training and gains good practical skills. Around 1700 students have graduated and completed the MBBS program. Many students have successfully cracked international exams like USMLE (US), PLAB (UK), ERPM, and AMC (Australia). The MBBS course is aimed at preparing research-oriented professionals. The assessments conducted are frequent and test the students in all the aspects. Continuous evaluations are done through fortnightly tests, semester exams, end-posting exams, seminars, and problem-based learning sessions.
Teaching Methodology: The Teaching practices adopted for preclinical subjects include:
- Didactic Classroom lectures
- Community Visits
Duration of MBBS Course
The MBBS program has a duration of 4.5 years which is followed by a mandatory one-year internship.
The College Location Pokhara
Pokhara is a metropolitan city of Nepal. It is the second most populated city in Nepal. Pokhara is known as the Tourism capital of Nepal. The Seti Gandaki is the prime river that flows through the city. The city has a subtropical climate. The average temperature remains around 20 degrees Celsius. The winter season is usually cold. The temperature fluctuates between -2 degrees Celsius to 15 degree Celsius maximum. There are a good number of places in the city to visit at the weekends.
Manipal College of Medical Sciences has done remarkable progress in the field of medical science education. This institution is known for quality education, research-led training, innovation, international tie-ups and a good number of international placements of the students.
This college is listed in:
- World Directory of Accredited Medical Schools, issues by WHO (7th edition)
- International Medical Education Directory of Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Recognized by National Medical Commission (NMC)
- It is an institution of Manipal Education and Medical Group (MEMG), Nepal
- Affiliated to Kathmandu University, Nepal
- It is has been recognized by Nepal Medical Council
- Listed in the WHO World Directory of Medical Schools (7th edition)
- International recognitions-
- British Columbia Student Assistance Program
- Ontario Student Assistance Program
- Canadian Exchange Program
Ranking of Manipal Medical College of Medical Sciences
This institution is listed as one of the premier institutions of Nepal. Manipal College of Medical Sciences is listed in the top 5 institutes of medical education in Nepal.
Medium of Instruction
It is not essential to clear any language exams. The medium of instruction is English as the teaching faculty is from India and foreign countries.
Eligibility to Study MBBS
- Minimum age 17 years
- He/she should have the minimum NEET score defined for MBBS abroad
- Maximum age limit for MBBS in Nepal for Indian students is as per NEET age limit
- He/she should be medical fit for the MBBS studies
- The applicant should have scored the minimum 50 % marks in his/her 10+2 examinations from a government recognized board/university with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English subjects.
The hostel facility is easily available and offers world-class amenities. The hostel facility is offered at two campuses; Deep Campus and Phulbari Campus. The student hostels are purely residential. Hostels are managed by the Director of Students’ Affair. The hostel committee is headed by the Director, Wardens and Administration In-charges. The hostel facilities include:
- Separate wings for boys and girls
- Although students need to manage the bed linen and blankets during the wintertime
- 24×7 availability of Caretakers and attendants
- The rooms have provisions for twin occupancy
- Hostel campus have in –house dining halls, canteen, gyms, playfields
- Communication centres with internet facility
- Wardens are members of teaching faculty and manage the affairs of the hostel
Good Indian Food
The canteen mess provides healthy and hygienic food. The Indo-Nepali food is served in the mess. One can find delicious Veg. /Non-veg. food. The monthly mess bill is around 6000 Nepali Rs; for 4 meals in a day. The canteen also serves good quality food. Quick-bite snacks are always available. One can easily relish typical Indian food in the market restaurants as well.
MBBS Study Admission Process
The admission process usually begins in mid of August and the last day is around 10 September. There two separate ways to get admission in the college. Either the student should have cracked the National Medical Entrance Test in his/her country or the student needs to apply and appear in the entrance test conducted by Kathmandu University.
Important Instructions to be followed for admission are:
- Fill the application form. There are two parts of the form and both parts are compulsory.
- The candidates need to upload the scanned copies of the certificate and mark sheets.
- If a candidate has not studied English at class XII level then marks obtained at class X level should be mentioned.
- After the successful completion of the form, a confirmation email will be sent by the university.
The following documents are required to be submitted by the candidates at the time of admission:
- Mark sheet of class X or O level examination issued by the board
- Mark sheet of class XII or A level examination issued by the board
- A valid passport
- A valid NEET/SAT scorecard for the present academic year
- Passport size photographs
- Confirmation letter issued by the university
Reasons for Indian Students to Study at Manipal College
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences is listed in the top 5 medical institutes of Nepal.
- NEET score is valid and accepted for the admission process.
- The medium of instruction is English.
- The hostel is easily available with all the modern amenities like the canteen, internet connectivity, recreational centres and activity clubs.
- Safe, engaging, and health study atmosphere suitable for male and female medical students.
- Cooperative and qualified faculties to assist MBBS Study students round the year.
- It does not demand capitation fee or any other hidden charges making the admission process transparent for all.
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences is has been recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Good education facilities with necessary practical training.
- The cost of the MBBS course is very affordable.
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences institute has a chain of hospitals so one can expect a good practical training experience.
Why Education Adviser?
It is a reliable place with authentic information and genuine guidance. Our experts are trained and experienced and they are always available at your service.
Our services include:
- Consultation for choosing the university/college based on your preferences
- Assistance in filling the application form
- Serving as a link between you and the university
- Guidance in the entire document related work; bank, passport, insurance and medical certificates, etc.
We understand your concern and worries. Give us a chance to be a part of your career journey and we promise to show the right path. We are the best from the rest MBBS abroad consultant in Delhi. Contact us today for the free of cost satisfactory counselling and total admission support under single roof.
Why choose Education Adviser for MBBS in Nepal?
We at Education Adviser are one of the best record holder education consultants in India. We have a team of expert consultants who offer well-researched assistance and comprehensive counselling for you to make a bright career in the field of Medicine. Education Adviser has several centers across the subcontinent, and each one follows the uniformly structured way of providing excellent results that ensure a satisfactory experience for our valuable clients. We at Education Adviser have the experience and resources to ensure you get access to everything that you may require for an MBBS admission in one of the top global universities. Team Education Adviser works with the applicants like a family and supports them at every step. Years of experience, a skilled and dedicated team and access to a multitude of resources have enabled us to assist hundreds of Indian students to get admission in the top medical colleges in the various European countries.
Advantages of consulting Education Adviser
- A one-stop solution for all your international course consultation requirements
- 24×7 support services
- Transparent practices
- Experienced & skilled support staffs and counsellors
- Competitive consultation fee
- EMI available on Processing Fee
- History of successful MBBS admissions all over Europe
- Reliable & Reputed consultancy in the field of abroad studies
- Official partners for the renowned Universities in Abroad
- Tie up with the top universities of multiple European countries
- Friendly staff and affordable services
- Trusted and recommended by thousands who are already living their dream of getting a higher education abroad
- Highly trained and skilled team, dedicated to helping you reach your destination
- We strictly follow international standards and maintain a high quality of service
- We offer all the details regarding the MBBS admission in the various European and Asian Universities along with their Fee structure.