Institute of Medicine (IOM) : Direct MBBS Admission in Nepal
Institute of Medicine (IOM) nepal
Contact for Admission 7377290286 / 7788008300
About Institute of Medicine
Institute of Medicine (IOM) is one of the most reputed colleges in Nepal. The organization was established in the year 1972 under the shade of Tribhuvan University. The Institute of Medicine offers high-class faculty and administration to students from different nations and living horizons. The university is located in Kathmandu. The Institute of Medicine is managed and run by a team of 1200 officials who are experts in their respective fields. The university offers 280 undergraduate courses in the medical field and 104 postgraduate courses. The students can avail of all the courses at the Institute of Medicine with their preferred specifications. The courses can be an Undergraduate, postgraduate or Ph.D. level. Institute of Medicine (IOM) is an extremely good China medical college and it just feels great to be a part of this university. Top class education, eminent faculty, and overall fantastic atmosphere create a great environment for medical studies. It is a great choice for Indian medical students.
Programs offered by the Institute of Medicine
- Bachelor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Public Health
- Bachelor of Audiology Speech-Language Pathology
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- BSC. Nursing
The Institute of Medicine also offers many postgraduate and Ph.D. programs in the medical field.
Benefits of the Institute of Medicine
Institute of Medicine is ranked high in the top college of Nepal to offer medical undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The following features of the Institute of Medicine make it an ideal option:
- Institutes affiliated by Institute of Medicine includes the best campus location namely:
- Maharajgunj Nursing Campus (Kathmandu)
- Maharajgunj Medical Campus (Kathmandu)
- Ayurved Campus (Kathmandu)
- Pokhara Nursing Campus
- Birgunj Nursing Campus
- Nepalgunj Nursing Campus
- All the campuses are well designed and maintained as per student requirements. The Institute of Medicine offers vivid courses covering almost every branch of medical science.
- The institute also has a self-operated teaching hospital with a capacity of 300 beds for the training of students.
- The Institute of Medicine offers expert faculty for every course.
- The students are encouraged for research activities at the Institute of Medicine.
- Institute of Medicine provides a globally accepted degree.
- It is a non-profit public organization.
- The library is well equipped and filled with written material by experts.
- Laboratories at the Institute of Medicine have various latest technologies.
- Fully furnished and spacious classrooms.
- Cafeteria and other facilities such as common rooms, auditoriums, etc. are available.
- Hostel facility is also provided by the Institute of Medicine.
Accreditation of the Institute of Medicine
The Institute of Medicine is primarily affiliated to Tribhuvan University and seven discrete colleges. The institute is affiliated/recognized by various reputed organizations of the medical field including:-
- World Health Organization
- Nepal Medical Council
- Tribhuvan University
- National Medical Commission
Along with this, the Institute of Medicine also has certain memberships from the organizations which are running successfully in Medical Field to insure practical exposure to the students.
Duration of MBBS at the Institute of Medicine
The Institute of Medicine offers various courses in the medical field. The courses include MD, MBBS and Ph.D. courses with different durations depending on course and specification. The duration of MBBS at the Institute of Medicine is 5 years and one additional year devoted to an internship which is compulsory for all the students according to the curriculum itself. The Institute of Medicine provides a platform for an internship of students at its own hospital. This enhances real-world exposure and gains “on-field medical” knowledge.
MBBS Intake of the Institute of Medicine
Institute of Medicine welcomes students from various countries and backgrounds. The rules and regulations, however, remain unaltered by the student’s nationality. Institute of Medicine starts its session for MBBS in September and thus students are advised to get admission to the Institute of Medicine as soon as possible. Students can easily apply online for admission and visa purposes. The university also provides help for same via helping (24×7).
Eligibility to Study MBBS in Nepal 2022-23
- Minimum age 17 years.
- He/she should have the minimum NEET score defined for MBBS abroad
- Maximum age limit for MBBS in Nepal for Indian students is as per NEET age limit.
- He/she should be medical fit for the MBBS studies
- The applicant should have scored the minimum 50 % marks in his/her 10+2 examinations from a government recognized board/university with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English subjects.
Documents for MBBS Course Admission
- Academic documents of 10th and 12th class
- Government approved Birth Certificate
- Documents of your medical fitness test
- Four clear passport size photographs
- Nationality certificate/Aadhaar Card.
- NEET scorecard
MBBS Admission Process
These are the following steps to be followed for securing a MBBS seat:
- The applicant should visit the college website and fill the application form.
- The mark sheets for class X and XII and the other relevant documents should be scanned and uploaded with the application form.
- A confirmation will be sent by the college and the candidate should visit the university/college campus with his/her parents to testify and present the original documents.
- The candidate will fill the other necessary documents and sign the agreement of the rules and regulations.
- The candidate will have to undergo a medical examination conducted at the college/university campus. The successful candidates will be offered the final admission to the MBBS course.
- Once you complete all the required process, you are all set to fly for the destination to study medicine in Nepal.
Deadline for MBBS admission at Institute of Medicine
The session for MBBS starts in September every year Institute of Medicine. The university opens its admission process from the beginning of March and extends it up to the end of August or the beginning of September. The students need to apply and submit required documents till mid-July or max towards August so that the admission process can be completed on time as there are around 700 seats only at the institute of medicine for MBBS. The ratio of seat distribution may vary as per the enrollments.
Ranking of the Institute of Medicine
Institute of Medicine is one of the oldest and largest organizations ensuring the quality of education in MBBS Nepal. The Institute of medicine is reputed and an ideal option in the sight of foreign as well as national students. The Institute of Medicine stands on 8126th rank on the global chart of recognized colleges/universities over the world. The Institute of Medicine secures 39th rank, recently, in the country ranking amongst all the colleges or universities of Nepal. The Institute of Medicine’s ranking is on a constant increase from decades.
The Medium of Teaching at the Institute of Medicine
Institute of Medicine is a part of Tribhuvan University and thus the technique and methods used for teaching are affected by the curriculum followed by the university itself. The Institute of Medicine teaches students on a student biased, problem-solving technique. All the courses, graduate or postgraduate are available in English medium as the International language helps to cross the language barriers for students of various countries.
Hostel Facilities at Institute of Medicine
The institute of medicine provides hostels to all the students seeking shelter near the campus at economical rates. The following features are offered by hostels of Institute of medicine:-
- Separate hostels for girls and boys.
- Well-furnished and clean rooms.
- Indoor and outdoor game areas.
- Common rooms, meeting halls, etc.
- Sharing basis room for 2-3 students.
- Bathroom and kitchen on every floor.
- CCTV surveillance.
- Guards and official present 24*7.
Indian Food Availability
The Institute of Medicine offers clean, healthy and hygienic food to all the students at campus cafeteria as well as hostel mess. The institute ensures the interests of all the communities and nationalities of students for food purposes. The institute provides multi-cuisine food at campus canteen which also supplies Indian food with the essence of India itself.
Indian Students and the Institute of Medicine
Institute of Medicine offers 29 programs to the students which cover almost every interest of medical specification. The Institute of Medicine offers services to national and international students without any discrimination based on origin. Indian students find the Institute of Medicine as an ideal option for MBBS Nepal as it provides security, economical and education, globally recognized degree and many more. The Institute of Medicine has a special team as the international council which deals with the problems of students coming from outer nations. The students passing from the Institute of Medicine can practice medicine in India as well after completing MBBS they have to apply and qualify the National Medical Commission Screening Test to get a valid certification of practicing medicine in India.
Kathmandu – The Capital of Nepal
Kathmandu is one of the largest cities of Nepal which is surrounded by Himalayan mountains and valley. The city of Nepal with 89.6% rate of literacy. The Kathmandu region experiences 4 main seasons i.e. spring, rainy, winter and summer. The seasons at Kathmandu are mild and soothing. Students can adjust easily to the atmosphere of the place. The city of Kathmandu shows the shades tradition, culture, and diversity with security and freedom of thought. Institute of Medicine (IOM) offers world-class educational facilities along with all modern facilities. Students get almost everything that is required for proper and effective medical studies. The internship program is also great to learn many things while interacting with patients of different category. Do not keep thinking rather rush to proceed with the MBBS course admission processes. Contact us anytime for the free counselling and admission support at a comparatively low consulting fee in Delhi.
Advantages of consulting Education Adviser
- A one-stop solution for all your international course consultation requirements
- 24×7 support services
- Transparent practices
- Experienced & skilled support staffs and counsellors
- Competitive consultation fee
- EMI available on Processing Fee
- History of successful MBBS admissions all over Europe
- Reliable & Reputed consultancy in the field of abroad studies
- Official partners for the renowned Universities in Abroad
- Tie up with the top universities of multiple European countries
- Friendly staff and affordable services
- Trusted and recommended by thousands who are already living their dream of getting a higher education abroad
- Highly trained and skilled team, dedicated to helping you reach your destination
- We strictly follow international standards and maintain a high quality of service
- We offer all the details regarding the MBBS admission in the various European and Asian Universities along with their Fee structure.